Jack Ma (Ma Yun) is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world. With a net worth of 23.9 billion he is the 2nd richest man in China (1st in 2014) and 33rd richest man in the world. Jack is a hero in China. His Alibaba group has created 14 million jobs in China directly and indirectly. Alibaba group has over 800 million customers using Alipay, Taobao etc and over 100 million customers shopping each day. After Alibaba’s record-shattering $25 billion IPO, he was placed into the top 10 richest people in tech worldwide, along with Bill Gates, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg.
But! How successful was his life before launching Alibaba?
Let’s have a look.
- Jack Ma failed in a key primary school test for 2 times.
- Jack Ma was rejected by middle school in Hangzhou for 3 times.
- Jack Ma tried to get into the college for 3 times, but they rejected each time.
- Jack Ma was rejected from Harvard for 10 times.
- Jack Ma was rejected from 30 jobs, including in KFC.
Nowadays it’s hard to imagine what if Jack was accepted by some company.